Physical Therapy is a branch of rehabilitation health which addresses impairments in movement and function of the musculoskeletal system through evaluation, examination and diagnosis. It includes a variety of techniques and treatments that are specifically designed to address injuries sustained by the structure of the musculoskeletal system: bones, ligaments, tendons, joints, muscles and cartilage. Physical therapists will work with individuals who have physical impairments or limitations, to promote movement and physical functional ability. At ActiveCare we work with individuals of all ages who have altered physical function secondary to injury, disease, orthopedic or neurological conditions.
All of our physical therapists at ActiveCare are qualified to treat a wide range of conditions. Many of our therapists are also highly specialized in different manual therapy techniques. This means that patients see therapists who are highly educated and proficient in treating their specific needs. A significant portion of our therapists have over 30 years of experience and many have achieved a Doctorate degree in physical therapy.
ActiveCare Physical Therapy provides exceptional physical therapy for many unique reasons:
- We do not use physical therapy assistants. All of our patients are treated by certified physical therapists.
- Patients are paired with specialized therapists and will continue to work with the same therapist until their recovery. Therapists will become very familiar with patients cases and can design a recovery plan specific to their needs.
- We pride ourselves on continued education of our staff. We hold many in house courses for our staff and also attend many courses at other medical facilities. Our therapists are continually getting certified in different techniques and bringing new specializations and skills to ActiveCare. See our services tab for more information about what ActiveCare has to offer you.
- ActiveCare is a teaching clinic offering internships to many college PT students from accredited physical therapy programs across the country.
- Ithaca College
- Columbia University
- Quinnipiac University
- Rutgers University Camden
- Mercy College
- University of Massachusetts
- Sacred Heart
- Springfield College
- University of Hartford
- Rutgers SHRP Newark
- Seton Hall